Kara Woods is a certified trainer with The Academy of Home Staging. This year, she is offering The Academy’s industry-leading Advanced Home Stager Certification Training to students in New York City.
The 40-plus hours of instruction include classroom discussions, workshops, and hands-on staging of three homes. Classes are limited in size to ensure personal attention and development. Upon completion of the course, you will receive your certification in home staging and redesign, all of the core materials, and information and business templates to start your own home staging business.
The cost for this course is $3250.00 per student. Call 1-203-733-3037 today, as spaces are limited. All classes will be held in New York City. The schedule includes:
- April 25-30th, 2016 (New York City, NY) SOLD OUT
- September 19-24th, 2016 ( New York City, NY) SOLD OUT
- October 24-29th, 2016 (New York City, NY) SOLD OUT
- April 24-29th, 2017 (New York City, NY) SOLD OUT
- September 18-23rd, 2017 (New York City, NY)
Due to overwhelming demand a second Fall class has been opened up!
This exclusive home staging training is designed for you to start your home staging business right away. The unique program relies on coaching and mentoring while covering:
- Methods to attract and retain clients
- Estimating, charging, and collecting for services to earn top dollar on every project
- 28 hours of staging and design techniques and exercises
- 12 hours of business essentials, including marketing, branding, promotion, insurance, contracts, and how to get your new business up and running in just 30 days
- Insider secrets to space planning that automatically determine the proper furniture layout every time
- The perfect paint colors to ensure a faster sale
- Free marketing strategies that will put you on top of the search engines and drive traffic to your new home staging business
- Unique staging techniques and strategies to create model environments that buyers aspire to own
- Designer methods in the field where you will work on three real home projects with hands-on, instructor guidance
- Customizable contracts, formulas, and proposal documents that will save you hundreds of hours and development costs
- More than 30 income-producing, design-related services for your home staging business to capitalize on the skills learned in the course
- An insurance secret (that most professionals don’t know) that may recoup your investment in the course during your first year in business
How is The Academy’s Home Staging Training Different ?
Your one-of-a-kind training journey starts the moment you walk through the door. Here are attributes unique to The Academy:
- We coach you to develop your unique selling proposition and strategies, based on your career desires, goals, experiences, and connections–even if you feel that you have none!
- Guest speakers teach you the latest information in their fields of expertise, including Internet marketing and furniture rental for vacant and model homes.
- During in-the-field training in three real homes, you will receive step-by-step, hands-on guidance in every aspect of each project, from concept to completion.
- Special exercises enable you to explore and develop the necessary skills to become a successful home staging designer.
- After program completion, you receive on-going guidance and education to ensure your success. This includes a monthly group call on business building and promotion techniques, a stager forum, website and marketing material reviews, email support, and private coaching.
The Academy of Home Staging and Certification Course Outline:
- Overview of staging and 20 other staging related services you can offer
- Before and after photos – how to make a statement
- Staging and staging design principles, guidelines, and tips
- 2 Hands-On Accessory Exercises
- Create a furniture style board
- Space planning and easy to duplicate room design formulas and fixes
- 6 part space planning exercise
- Step by step, how to stage a room guide
- How to charge and typical fee structures for a lived-in home staging redesign
- Stage a live, lived-in home out in the field using what the homeowner already owns
- Shopping secrets and best bargains
- People on your team
- What to have in your kit
- Furniture representative discusses furniture rental procedures and you receive your furniture rental catalog
- How to charge and typical fee structures for vacant home staging
- Go into the field to measure and space plan a real vacant home
- Select furniture using the furniture catalog and prepare a mock bid for the vacant home
- Color Theory 101 with class exercises – Select a unifying paint color and complementary accent colors
- How to charge and typical fee structures for home staging consultations
- Consultation exercise on a real home – Determine layouts, upgrades, paint colors and practice client dialog. Role play with students and discuss alternative solutions.
- BONUS SEGMENT – Field trip to the Design Center with shopping exercises and several speakers sharing their invaluable trade secrets to designing interiors
- BONUS SEGMENT – Interior Design presentation – learn Interior Design Basics to add to your Home Staging skill set
- Marketing, Advertising and Promotions – Over 60 effective ways to market for little or no cost
- How to get on the first page of google
- Crucial content for your business card, brochure and website
- The 30 day agenda to your quick business start up
- Congratulations! You’re Advanced Home Stager Certified!
Please note that topics may be moved to different days based on the availability of training sites, and to accommodate our guest speakers’ schedules.
What Does The Academy Offer that Others Don’t?
The Academy of Home Staging is the only school in the nation to offer a mentoring style of hands-on, step-by-step training and instruction in the field. The Academy also far surpasses the level of design instruction offered in other programs with 28 hours of staging and design theory and exercises, including:
- Accessorizing instruction and exercises
- A design styles overview and design board project
- Space planning fundamentals, guide, and 6-part exercise
- The basics of seeing color, color theory, and a paint color selection exercise
- Furniture selection for vacant homes
- Lived-in staging redesign, vacant home, and consultation exercises in the field for three real homes
The Academy offers the only training course in the nation to teach the three core staging services (staging redesign, a vacant home bid, and a consultation appointment) IN THE FIELD on REAL homes.
The Academy also provides more than 12 hours of exlusive business essentials:
- More than 30 ways to market your new business at virtually no cost
- How to launch your new business with almost no start-up costs
- Guest speakers on Internet marketing and furniture rental
- An easy guide to launching your new business in 30 days
- Critical content to include in your business card, brochure, and website
- A business goal worksheet
- How to access the real estate industry–crucial to your success as a home stager
- 30-second and 5-minute presentations
- How to advertise effectively and sample advertisements
- How to bid and price jobs
- Contracts, phone scripts, proposal sheets, and much more!
- 2 months of continuing education, including tele-classes, coaching, and support
For more information about the The Academy of Home Staging and to enroll in a session, go to theacademyofhomestaging.com.